Sunday, December 1, 2013

Week of 12/2/13

Welcome back Parents and Students! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful week off and got to spend some down-time with family.  I was thrilled that I was able to spend some extra time with my wife and son! 

We have three weeks to go until Christmas Break and I will be encouraging my students to stay focused and ready to learn each day.  Parents as always I appreciate the extra support at home with your child's reading progress.  I am only an email away:  dowd@fultonschools.org

I hope everyone has a great week back!

Reading-
This week we will be focusing on Author's Purpose within a story. Our phonics skill will be words with -oa and -ow sounds. Please remember to have your child read 20-30 minutes nightly and complete Spelling Choice Boards by Friday.
 
Spelling Words for Week of 12/2/13
 
On-Level Words:
 own, most, soap, float, both, know, loan, goat, flow, loaf, throw, coach
 
 
 
Challenge Words:
 
  oatmeal, towel, throat, airflow, allow, browse, loaned, groaned, aboard, roaming,  
  soak, meatloaf   


Writing/Language Arts-

The students will be creating "All About" books on their favorite topics and our grammar skill will be reflexive and possessive pronouns. I am eager to see what kinds of topics the kids choose to write about! 


Social Studies-

We will begin our next Unit on Native Georgians and we will focus on Sequoyah this week.  The children will be using KWL charts and Post-Its to review they will learn and we will also be creating vocabulary flipbooks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment