Thursday, November 14, 2013

Welcome to Mr. Dowd's Blog!

Greetings Parents and Students,

Welcome to my new blog!  This will be the main page for any upcoming information.

Please note that I will be including more information on a regular basis.  I appreciate your patience!

Reading:
This week we focused on Nonfiction Text Features including:  glossary, table of contents, index, and captions.  Coming up we will begin a review of Main Idea.  Please remember to have your child read 20-30 minutes nightly as I will be giving Comprehension Tests/Quizzes most Fridays.  Our phonics skill this week were words with vowel pattern: ai, ay

Language Arts/Writing:
Recently we have been wrapping up our How-To writing pieces.  The kids have done an amazing job!  Currently we are working on our About Me writing pieces. 

Social Studies
We have been wrapping up our Unit on Georgia Beginnings.  We have been studying our Georgia Heroes: Mary Musgrove, Tomochichi, and James Oglethorpe.  The kids and I are completing a Study Guide together and we will send home this week.  Our test will be Thursday, November 21st.  Please study! 

Important Dates:

November 21st
Unit 2: Georgia's Beginnings Test-  Thursday, November 21st

November 15
Governance Board Meeting, 7:15 AM

FREE Dress Day for October Perfect Attendance

November 18-22
Scholastic Book Fair


November 18
Prospective Parent School Tour


November 19
PTA Executive Board Meeting

Julia Bernath's Community Meeting

November 21
Thanksgiving Luncheon
Grades 1, 3, and 4


November 22
Thanksgiving Luncheon
Grades Pre-K, K, 2, and 5


November 25 - 29
Thanksgiving Break - NO SCHOOL

No comments:

Post a Comment