Greetings Parents and Students!
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful break. I would like to give a quick breakdown of what we are doing this week. Being that is such a short week, I am sending the kids home with Reading Logs to complete the next two nights and there is no spelling this week.
Your child should read for at least 30 minutes nightly and complete the questions and include the book title and date on the form. Reading logs are due this Friday and should only be completed for the two nights required (tonight and tomorrow night)
Here is what we are learning this short week...
Reading
We are reviewing Story Structure (Characters, Setting, Events, Problem, and Solution) The students will be working in pairs to practice re-telling a story that I read to them.
Social Studies
We are introducing our Unit on Martin Luther King this week and this is a great unit as we will celebrate MLK day on January 20th. We are doing KWL charts and reading from our Georgia Heroes Big Book all week on Dr. King.
Writing
We are beginning our persuasive unit in writing and I will have lots of fun activities planned, including having the students write their very own commerical.
I hope everyone has a great week and I know we are all eager to get back into the swing of things. Please rememeber I am only an email away: dowd@fultonschools.org
Welcome Back!
ReplyDeleteHope Everyone Enjoyed the Holidays!
ReplyDelete